The Victorian Red Barn is one of two buildings surviving from the Palo Alto Stock Farm, where Leland Stanford trained some of the world’s fastest horses and conducted photographic experiments with Eadweard Muybridge. The Red Barn was built between 1878 and 1880, and served as the training stable until the Stock Farm closed in 1903. The Stock Farm reopened as an equestrian facility in 1946 and underwent a series of renovations between 1984 and 2005. Today, the Red Barn is home to the Stanford Red Barn Equestrian Center, the Stanford Equestrian Team, and their affiliated programs. Left: The Red Barn on the Palo Alto Stock Farm in the late 1800s. Right: The Stanford Red Barn Equestrian Center in 2015.